If you’re a New Yorker, you have a lot of choices to make: Jets or Giants, Knicks or Nets, Rangers or Islanders, and of course, perhaps the biggest intercity rivalry of all – the New York Yankees or the New York Mets from York.
As die-hard fans know, the two Major League Baseball teams first faced each other in 1997 and have continued their battle for superiority at every opportunity they have had for the past two decades.
Ahead of the upcoming Subway Series on August 22-23, the New York Post Shopping team wanted to make sure you were well prepared with the best Mets and Yankees gear.
If you’re a die-hard Yankees or New York Mets fan, chances are you already have a mini closet full of merchandise from your favorite team. But if you need a restock or want to add more items to your collection, we’ve got you covered.
To purchase this item per team, simply click on one of the links below:
New York Yankees gear
1. New York Yankees New Era Authentic Collection Mesh Back Low Profile 59FIFTY Fitted Cap in Navy, $33+
You can never have too many baseball caps!
2. DJ LeMahieu New York Yankees Nike Home Replica Player Name Jersey, $135
If you haven’t splurged on a jersey yet, consider this your sign.
3. New York Yankees ’47 Khaki Chambray Ballpark Bucket Hat, $28, original price: $38
Bobs are all the rage these days. Get on trend with this khaki option featuring the Yankee logo.
4. New York Yankees Standard Team Navy Shorts, $100
Wear these gym shorts while you train, relax around the house (while watching the game of course), work from home and beyond.
5. New York Yankees FOCO Slide Slippers, $13, Original Price: $22
They make Yankees gear in just about everything these days. Hang on to these fun slippers while you can!
New York Mets Equipment
1. New York Mets New Era Authentic Collection On Field 59FIFTY Royal Fitted Hat, $42
You will definitely benefit greatly from this classic Mets baseball cap.
2. Pete Alonso New York Mets Nike Home Replica Player Name Jersey, $135
Are you really a New York Mets fan if you don’t own a jersey?
3. New York Mets Keds Women’s Double Decker Slip-On Sneakers, $36, RRP: $60
These Mets themed Keds are the perfect addition to any die-hard fan’s wardrobe.
4. New York Mets Nike Newborn & Infant Official Royal Jersey Romper, $30, original price: $40
Raising a mini Met fan? Dress your baby boy or girl in this adorable onesie to make them feel part of the party too.
5. New York Mets Royal Nike Performance Logo Primetime Shorts, $45
These Nike Performance Shorts feature Dri-FIT technology to wick away moisture and help minimize chafing, keeping you cool while you practice your swing.
For more content, check out the Shopping section of the New York Post.